- Art reception for an exhibit featuring the work of Chris Cox, 5-7 p.m. Friday at Walker Art Gallery, Fine Arts Building at 905 W. 25th St., on the University of Nebraska at Kearney campus. 308-865-8353; www.unk.edu Free admission. A social follows at 7-9 p.m. at the UNK Alumni House at 2222 Ninth Ave.
- Yanney Park Heritage Day featuring activities, music and food, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday at Yanney Heritage Park at 2020 W. 11th St. Free admission. Fireworks Finale starts at approximately 10 p.m. Visit www.CityOfKearney.org for details.
- Closing reception for “Kindred” featuring a silent auction of artwork by current art and design faculty, emeriti faculty, UNK alumni and current students, 7-9 p.m. Saturday at Museum of Nebraska Art at 2401 Central Ave. 308-865-8559; mona.unk.edu. Free admission. Proceeds from the auction will go toward the purchase of supplies and equipment for the UNK Department of Art and Design.
- Shrine Bowl Parade featuring bands, floats and clowns, 10 a.m. Saturday at Downtown Kearney: The Bricks. Free admission. The annual Shrine Bowl Football game starts at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ron and Carol Cope Stadium at Foster Field on the University of Nebraska at Kearney campus. Tickets for the game are $14 or $8 for students.
- Introduction to Leatherwork, a workshop presented by Miss “V,” the Gypsy Cowbelle, 6 p.m. Monday at Kearney Public Library at 2020 First Ave. 308-233-3282; www.kearneylib.org. $10 materials fee. Advance registration required.
- Writer’s Block, a workshop for writers of all levels, noon June 13 at Kearney Public Library at 2020 First Ave. 308-233-3282; www.kearneylib.org. Free admission. The informal writing group features occasional guest leaders. Dessert and beverages provided. For patrons 18 and older.
- Pub Quiz @The Chicken Coop, a trivia contest presented by Kearney Public Library, 8 p.m. June 18 at The Chicken Coop at 2115 Ave. A. Free admission. Play alone or with teams up to six people. Winners will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Chicken Coop. No smartphone, devices or handwritten notes.
- The LEGO Guy, Curtis Mork, will talk about his LEGO passion and show some of his 600 LEGO sets, 2:30 p.m. June 18 at Kearney Public Library at 2020 First Ave. 308-233-3282; www.kearneylib.org. Free admission. Register 24 hours in advance. Patrons will have a chance to build with LEGOs.
- Astronaut Clayton Anderson will talk about his experiences in space, 6:30 p.m. July 17 at Kearney Public Library at 2020 First Ave. 308-233-3282; www.kearneylib.org. Free admission. Call 308-233-3256 to reserve a place. Register online starting June 24. A book signing will follow the event.
- Kearney Community Band, 7:30 p.m. today at Sonotorium at Harmon Park at 3020 Fifth Ave., Kearney. Free admission. Call 308-832-1461 for more information.
- Treo CD release party for the group’s fifth album “Lost in a Song,” 7:30 p.m. Friday at The World Theatre at 2318 Central Ave. 308-234-8046; www.theworldtheatre.org. Free admission. CDs will be available for purchase.
- All-Star Marching Band performs in concert, 5:30 p.m. Friday at Sonotorium at Harmon Park at 3020 Fifth Ave., Kearney. Free admission. The band is directed by Brad Weber, Dave Bohnert and Dan Sodomka.
- Cowbilly Concert featuring the music of Miss “V” The Gypsy Cowbelle, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Kearney Public Library at 2020 First Ave. 308-233-3282; www.kearneylib.org. Free admission.
- “How the West was Won,” a musical presentation by Bob and Sheila Everhart, part of the Archway Soda Fountain Sundae series, 2:30 p.m. June 9 at The Archway at 3060 E. First St., I-80 exit 272. 308-237-1000; www.archway.org. Free admission. The Everharts are Smithsonian Institution recording artists. Root beer floats will be served following the concert.
- Flatwater Jazz Orchestra performs as part of the Concerts in the Park series, 7 p.m. June 9 at Sonotorium at Harmon Park at 3020 Fifth Ave., Kearney. Free admission. The series is presented by the Kearney Arts Council. For more information visit www.KearneyArts.org.
- Tracy Byrd performs music from his 25-year career, 8 p.m. June 12 at Merryman Performing Arts Center at 225 W. 22nd St. 308-698-8297; www.merrymancenter.org. Tickets are $39-$50.
- Bases Loaded performs as part of the Concerts in the Park series, 7 p.m. June 16 at Sonotorium at Harmon Park at 3020 Fifth Ave., Kearney. Free admission. The series is presented by the Kearney Arts Council. For more information visit www.KearneyArts.org.
- “Picasso at the Lapin Agile,” a play written by comedian Steve Martin that pits Pablo Picasso against Albert Einstein in a small cafe in Paris, 7 p.m. June 6-8; and 2 p.m. June 8-9 at Miriam Drake Theatre, Fine Arts Building at 2506 12th Ave., on University of Nebraska at Kearney campus. 865-8417; www.unk.edu. Tickets are $20. For tickets call 308-627-5796 or visit www.cranerivertheater.org. Presented by Crane River Theater.
- The Other Side at 15 E. 2 Jesse Lives at the Other Side, Salvador Kubrick, 8 p.m. Saturday. Open Mic, 8 p.m. Monday. Comedy Night, 8 p.m. June 7 and 10 p.m. June 8. Hooten Hallers, 9 p.m. June 6.
- Gillies Bar at 1822 Central Ave., Kearney. 236-9393. Delirum Tremens Tasting @Gillies, 6 p.m. Friday. The Right Here, 9 p.m. Saturday.
- JD’s Bar at 2023 First Ave. 237-7770. Open 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Logan Mize with Fly-Over, 7 p.m. Saturday. Kali Indiana, 9 p.m. June 8.
- The Archway at 3060 E. First St., I-80 exit 272; 308-237-1000; www.archway.org. Open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $12 adults, $11 seniors, $6 ages 6-12. Prints and photographs from the Museum of Nebraska Art through Aug. 31.
- Classic Car Collection at 3600 E. Highway 30, Suite B. 308-234-1964; www.classiccarcollection.org. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission: $10 general, $8 seniors (60+), $7 students.
- G.W. Frank Museum of History and Culture at 2010 University Drive. 308-865-8284; www.unk.edu. Open 1-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and noon-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Museum of Nebraska Art at 2401 Central Ave., Kearney. 865-8559; www.mona.unk.edu. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Free admission. “A River Runs Through It,” based Paul A. Johnsgard book, “Crane Music: A Natural History of American Cranes,” through July 21. “MONA: There’s an App for That 2.0,” an exhibit that uses a mobile app to add details to the artwork through July 14. “Nebraska Now: Anne Burton, Printmaking,” exploring historical modes of coded communication through various printmaking processes through July 7. “Junior Curator Show: Underscoring: Line,” an exhibit curatored by high school students through Aug. 11. “Sculpture Garden Series: Les Bruning,” a show of work by the Omaha-based artist, Les Bruning through Oct. 6. “Compelled To Tell: Drawing,” an exploration of sketching as a process for artists through Sept. 22. Closing reception for “Kindred” including a silent auction of artwork, 7-9 p.m. Saturday. “Dwayne Wilcox: Contemporary Lakota Ledger Art,” featuring artwork by Dwayne Wilcox based on the traditional practice of drawing on 19th century ledger paper June 11 through Sept. 15.
- Nebraska Firefighters Museum and Education Center at 2425 E. First St., Kearney. 308-338-3473; www.nebraskafirefightersmuseum.org. Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $6 general, $4 seniors, $3 ages 6-17.
- Trails & Rails Museum at 710 W. 11th St., Kearney. 308-234-3041. Open 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Admission is $7 general, $2 ages 5-12.
- 100th Meridian Museum at 206 E. Eighth St., Cozad; 308-784-1100. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Chevyland USA Auto and Cycle Museum at 7245 Buffalo Creek Rd., Elm Creek; 308-856-4208. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Custer County Historical Society Museum at 445 S. Ninth Ave., Broken Bow. 308-872-2203. Open 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Dawson County Museum at 805 N. Taft St., Lexington. 308-324-5340. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Minden Opera House Gallery at 322 E. Fifth St., Minden. 308-832-0588; www.mindenoperahouse.com. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Robinson Munoz, Paintings through June 27.
- Harold Warp Pioneer Village at 138 E. Highway 6, Minden. 800-445-4447; www.pioneervillage.org. General admission is $14.25, $7.25 for ages 6-12 and free for ages 5 and younger. Open 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles at 606 Heartland Rd., Lexington. 308-324-6329; www.heartlandmuseum.com. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday.
- Nebraska Prairie Museum 1 mile north of Holdrege on U.S. Highway 183; 308-995-5015. Donation. Open 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday, 1-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Group reservations available.
- Shelton Historical Interpretive Center at Highway 30, Shelton. Open 2-4 p.m. Sunday.
- Kearney Area Children’s Museum at 5827 Fourth Ave. 308-698-2228; www.kearneychildrensmusuem.org. Admission is $8, ages 1 and older, $7 adults, $6 seniors. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, until 8 p.m. Thursday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday.