KEARNEY — Emanuel Aguilar de Cruz will be a third-grader, but as part of a migrant family, he isn’t always sure where he will be attending school each year.
KEARNEY— Six annual Healthy Community Awards, sponsored by CHI Health Good Samaritan, will be presented at a luncheon Friday. The awards honor people who through their leadership, education and assistance make central Nebraska a healthy place to live.
KEARNEY — Family Fresh Market, part of the SpartanNash Foundation, invites shoppers to contribute $1, $5 or $10 to support patriotic causes from June 26 to July 7.
KEARNEY — Individuals who are mentally ill and homeless may receive assistance in 23 south-central and southwest Nebraska counties, according to Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska.
KEARNEY — Thunderstorms in the forecast forced organizers to postpone a free June 18 family fishing event at The Archway until Tuesday.
HOLDREGE — Tri-Basin Natural Resources District officials announced Tuesday that the district’s purchase of the Holdrege Armory building from Industrial Pipelines Inc. was finalized Friday
KEARNEY - CHI Health Good Samaritan welcomes a new artist display to its Walkway Gallery. Through September, paintings and photographs by Russell Hansen are available for public viewing.
LEXINGTON — A child abuse case is going to district court after a State Patrol investigator said a daycare provider would “bang their head into the ground.”
KEARNEY — Emergency responders in Buffalo, Hall and Adams counties are competing to see who can donate the most blood for the American Red Cross during a Battle of the Badges.
GIBBON — Audubon’s Rowe Sanctuary southwest of Gibbon will host a wildflower walk starting at 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Iain Nicolson Audubon Center.
KEARNEY — Seniors may be eligible for up to $48 in coupons for the 2019 farmers market season. These vouchers may be used to purchase raw fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs and pure honey.
- Jr. golfers played through rain; State match-play field whittled down at Awarii
- Six Kearney individuals, organizations to be honored Friday at Healthy Community Awards
- Support patriotic causes by donating at Kearney's Family Fresh Market
- Icenogle-Larsen becomes new CASA executive director in Kearney/Buffalo County
- Mid-Nebraska's SOAR program helps the homeless with mental illness
- Forecasted thunderstorms postpones The Archway fishing event until Tuesday
- Old Holdrege Armory purchased by Tri-Basin NRD for storage, maintenance shop
- Paintings, pictures by Kearney artist Russ Hansen on display at Good Sam Walkway Gallery