KEARNEY — The Kearney Police Department has announced its Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for June. They are:
- West 25th Street, from Second to 30th avenues;
- Second Avenue from 25th to 39th streets; and,
- Avenue H from 11th to South Railroad streets.
KPD officers will targeted speed limit violations as well as motorists not obeying traffic signals, making improper wide turns and other observed traffic violations.
There are three objectives for the Priority Traffic Enforcement Program:
1) Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
2) Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to locate, time and type of violation.
3) Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The city of Kearney also would like to remind drivers the speed limit is 25 mph in residential areas.