WASHINGTON — Local school officials exercised poor driver oversight that most likely contributed to a deadly school bus fire in western Iowa, federal safety officials said Tuesday.
GRETNA - There were long, comforting hugs. Muffled sobs and shared boxes of tissues. And prayers that ached for four teenage girls who died in a car crash Monday night and a fifth, sole survivor hospitalized with burns.
WILBER, Neb. — A somber silence fell over a courtroom here Tuesday as a prosecutor described the grisly discovery of the dismembered body of a Lincoln store clerk.
LINCOLN - A 22-year-old man was arrested Monday at a Lincoln McDonald's on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon. The weapon: an 18-inch machete down the front of his pants.
PILGER — Climb into the passenger seat of Angela’s big black pickup truck, ride shotgun up and down the streets and pay attention as she points left and right.
A Scottsbluff man suffered three fractures to his face after being struck by another man during a fight on June 15.
A Native American activist who was instrumental in the crusade against beer sales in Whiteclay, Nebraska, and who spoke out against the in-custody death of a Native American man in Omaha has died.
WILBER, Neb. — Aubrey Trail pleaded guilty Monday to one of three charges he faces in the slaying of Lincoln store clerk Sydney Loofe.
SIDNEY (AP) — Nearly 500 bicyclists have signed up to participate in this year’s Tour de Nebraska bicycle ride, slated to start in western Nebraska’s Sidney.
LINCOLN (AP) — In this chaotic hustle-and-bustle, hurry-up-and-wait, fast-food world, sometimes a good cup of tea can slow things down and provide a necessary — albeit short-term — escape.
NORTH PLATTE — Nebraskans along the historic Union Pacific mainline will get their first looks at the railroad’s newly restored “Big Boy” — the world’s largest operating steam locomotive — in July and again in August.
- Jr. golfers played through rain; State match-play field whittled down at Awarii
- Six Kearney individuals, organizations to be honored Friday at Healthy Community Awards
- Support patriotic causes by donating at Kearney's Family Fresh Market
- Icenogle-Larsen becomes new CASA executive director in Kearney/Buffalo County
- Mid-Nebraska's SOAR program helps the homeless with mental illness
- Forecasted thunderstorms postpones The Archway fishing event until Tuesday
- Old Holdrege Armory purchased by Tri-Basin NRD for storage, maintenance shop
- Paintings, pictures by Kearney artist Russ Hansen on display at Good Sam Walkway Gallery